Timber Market Analysis and Research Studies
Forisk generates basin-specific studies for timber and wood markets. For timberland investing activities and capital budgeting decisions associated with wood-using mills or bioenergy projects, Forisk identifies and tracks price drivers and wood demand in client-specific markets.
Forisk market analyses include:
- Market risks associated with mill consumption (wood demand), openings, closures, and exposures to end product markets;
- Supply availability and sustainability for the volumes and raw material types required by wood-using facilities;
- Price risks detailed through statistical analysis of client-specific timber markets to identify and quantify factors driving stumpage prices over time;
- Logistic issues associated with ports, rail and logging capacity;
- Conversion risks of land converting out of forestry uses within five to ten-year time frames; and
- Comparative and competitive analysis across multiple markets.
Clients use Forisk analyses to:
- Make timberland investment decisions;
- Locate, close, or expand wood-using mills or bioenergy plants;
- Identify, rank and screen potential markets for wood-using plants or timberlands;
- Calculate transfer prices and develop wood or fiber supply agreements; and
- Develop wood procurement plans and strategies.
For more information regarding timber market assessments and wood basin studies, please contact Brooks Mendell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770.725.8447.