Education & Speaking
Forisk educational courses and presentations provide a simple method for accessing Forisk research and increasing the success of your company or organizational event.
Forisk can help you meet and exceed your objectives by providing timely, relevant and custom content specific to your audience related to evaluating, understanding and investing in timber and wood-related markets and industries.
Custom and Executive Education
Forisk offers specialized training and executive education for professionals and investors in timber related assets and wood-using industries. Our value proposition to you: we teach you to do it yourself so that you can leverage your own experience and insight when making investment and operational decisions.
Course topics include:
- Applied Forest Finance;
- Forecasting Timber Prices;
- Investing in Timberland and Timber REITs;
- Timber Market Analysis; and
- Wood Bioenergy: Market Intelligence and Investment Success Factors
Courses qualify for Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits, Georgia Continuing Logger Education (CLE) credits, and Continuing Education (CE) credits through the Georgia Real Estate Appraiser’s Board.
2017 Continuing Education Schedule:
“Case Studies in Timber Finance and Forest Industry Capital Investment” in Vancouver, WA
- Date: January 18, 2017
- Course Description: Click here to view the course description and agenda. This class is co-sponsored and hosted by the Western Forestry & Conservation Association, and will be held prior to the “Mapping the Course” conference.
“Applied Forest Finance” in Atlanta, GA
Qualifies for 6 hours of continuing education credit for CFE (Forestry) and CLE (Logger), and 6 hours of continuing education credit for Georgia Real Estate/Appraiser
- Date: March 30, 2017
- Course Description: Click here to view the 2017 Applied Forest Finance course description
- Course Agenda: Click here to view the agenda for the 2017 Applied Forest Finance class
“Timber Market Analysis” in Atlanta, GA
Qualifies for 8 hours of continuing education credit for CFE & CLE, and 7 hours for GA Real Estate/Appraiser
- Date: July 13, 2017
- Course Description: Click here to view the 2017 Timber Market Analysis course description
- Agenda: Click here to view the agenda for the 2017 Timber Market Analysis class
- Register: Click here to download the printable registration form, or click on the button below to register online.
NEW! “Wood Flows and Cash Flows: Investment Research & Strategic Analysis for the Forest Industry” in Atlanta, GA
Qualifies for 6 hours of continuing education credit for CFE and GA Real Estate/Appraiser CE
- Date: December 7, 2017
- Location: The class will be held at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, GA. Optional networking mixer to follow immediately after the event in the Georgia Tech Hotel.
- Course Description: Click here to view the 2017 “Wood Flows & Cash Flows” course description
- Agenda: Click here to view the detailed agenda of topics and speakers for the 2017 “Wood Flows & Cash Flows” class
- Register: Registration is not open yet for this class.
Dr. Brooks Mendell, Ms. Amanda Lang, and Dr. Shawn Baker provide keynote and conference presentations for annual meetings and internal conferences related to wood bioenergy, timberland investment vehicles, forest industry strategy and risk management, and forest operations.