Events and News
Explore the links below to find out more about the upcoming events Forisk Consulting will be participating in and to see Forisk’s research and expertise cited in the news.
2020 Forisk Calendar
- Click here to download a one-page printable calendar of key Forisk dates in 2020, including the publication schedules for the Forisk Research Quarterly (FRQ), the Forisk Wood Fiber Review (WFR), and Forisk’s Mill Capacity Database; continuing education events; our Annual Conference; and federal holidays.
2020 Annual Conference: Wood Flows & Cash Flows
- Save the date for Forisk’s 2020 Annual Conference, Wood Flows & Cash Flows, on December 8th in Atlanta, where the entire Forisk team will share investment research and strategic analysis for the forest industry, sector by sector. The conference also features a panel of industry executives and concludes with a networking mixer.
Upcoming 2020 Short Courses
- March 19, 2020 – “Applied Forest Finance” in Atlanta, GA
- June 24, 2020 – “Timber Market Analysis” in Atlanta, GA
Visit the Education & Speaking page to learn more about these events and register online.
Upcoming Presentations & Invited Talks
- January 23, 2020 – Brooks Mendell speaking on “Ranking Timber Markets in the PNW for Investment” at the Mapping the Course Conference in Vancouver, WA
- February 20, 2020 – Brooks Mendell speaking on “Supply and Demand Trends and Expectations for Major Forest Industry Markets” to the Forest Resources Association (FRA) Executive Committee Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia.
- February 24, 2020 – Amanda Lang speaking on the “Impacts of Hurricane Michael on Softwood Supply” at the Southeastern Society of American Foresters Annual Meeting in Panama City Beach, FL.
- March 10-11, 2020 – Andrew Copley speaking on “North American Timberland and Forest Industry Capital Investment Trends” at the 2019 Wood Bioenergy Conference & Expo in Atlanta, GA.
- May 14, 2020 – Brooks Mendell speaking on “Strategic Issues in Forest Investment” at the Pacific Northwest Timber Forum in Seattle, WA.
- August 26, 2020 – Brooks Mendell speaking on “Forest Economics and Timber Investments” at the Florida Forestry Association Annual Meeting in Amelia Island, FL.