Education & Speaking
Forisk educational courses and presentations provide a simple method for accessing Forisk research and increasing the success of your company or organizational event.
Forisk can help you meet and exceed your objectives by providing timely, relevant and custom content specific to your audience related to evaluating, understanding and investing in timber and wood-related markets and industries.
Custom and Executive Education
Forisk offers specialized training and executive education for professionals and investors in timber related assets and wood-using industries. Our value proposition to you: we teach you to do it yourself so that you can leverage your own experience and insight when making investment and operational decisions. Contact Heather Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a private workshop or speaking engagement.
Course topics include:
- Applied Forest Finance
- Timber & Wood Market Analysis
- Case Studies in Timberland Investing & Forest Industry Capital Investment
- Growth Rings: Learn, Think, Communicate
Courses qualify for Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits, Georgia Continuing Logger Education (CLE) credits, and Continuing Education (CE) credits through the Georgia Real Estate Appraiser’s Board.
2020 Annual Conference: Wood Flows & Cash Flows
Applications will be submitted for 6 hours of continuing education credit for CFE and GA Real Estate/Appraiser CE
Save the date for Forisk’s 2020 Annual Conference, Wood Flows & Cash Flows, on December 8th in Atlanta, where the entire Forisk team will share investment research and strategic analysis for the forest industry, sector by sector. The conference also features a panel of industry executives and concludes with a networking mixer.
- Date: December 8, 2020; 8:30am – 4:30pm, followed by a Networking Mixer
- Location: Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, GA
- View last year’s conference agenda and event description
- Check back later to register
Upcoming 2020 Continuing Education Events:
“Applied Forest Finance” Taught via Live Webinar
Qualifies for 6 hours of continuing education credit for CFE (Forestry) and CLE (Logger), and 6 hours of continuing education credit for Georgia Real Estate/Appraiser
- Date: June 24, 2020
- Location: This class will be taught via a live, interactive Zoom Webinar. Attendees will receive the Zoom webinar invitation after registering online below.
- Course Description: This class details the step-by-step financial analysis required to answer key investment and forest management questions. Learn how to identify, value, and rank timber and forestry investments. This one-day course is ideal for forestry consultants and investment analysts, timberland owners and investors, and anyone else who needs to understand the identification, valuation, and ranking of timber-dependent and forest-related investments.
- Course Agenda: Click here to view the agenda for the Applied Forest Finance Webinar
- Registration Information: Click below to register online.
- Webinar attendees will receive a packet in the mail prior to the webinar date, which will include a copy of the Forest Finance Simplified handbook and the Aunt Fanny Learns Forestry book, as well as printed course materials. Attendees will also receive Excel models for reinforcing and applying the concepts learned during the course.
- Registration closes on June 12th to allow time for mailing the course materials to attendees.
- Companies that subscribe to the Forisk Research Quarterly, the Wood Fiber Review, or Forisk’s Mill Database receive a 10% discount! Email Heather Clark (email@example.com) for the promo code.
- Click below to register online, or you may download the printable registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Timber Market Analysis” via Webinar
- Date: TBD 2020
- Course Description: This class details the step-by-step process to understand, track, and analyze the price, demand, supply, and competitive dynamics of local timber markets and wood baskets, including the impacts of new and announced wood bioenergy projects. This one-day course is ideal for current or future forestry consultants and analysts, timberland owners and investors, wood procurement professionals, bioenergy project managers, finance and accounting professionals and attorneys.
- Course Agenda: Click here to view the detailed an example agenda from the 2019 Timber Market Analysis course.
“Applied Forest Finance” in Portland, OR
Will qualify for 6 hours of continuing education credit for CFE (Forestry)
- Date: September 10, 2020
- Location: DoubleTree Hotel Lloyd Center in Portland, OR
- Course Description: This class details the step-by-step financial analysis required to answer key investment and forest management questions. Learn how to identify, value, and rank timber and forestry investments. This one-day course is ideal for forestry consultants and investment analysts, timberland owners and investors, and anyone else who needs to understand the identification, valuation, and ranking of timber-dependent and forest-related investments. This class will be hosted by Western Forestry & Conservation Association.
- Info and Agenda: Click here to view the agenda and course information for the Applied Forest Finance class in Portland
- Registration Information:
- Early Registration Fee: $580 (available until Sept. 3)
- Late Registration Fee: $680 (after Sept. 3)
- Register 3 or more people from your organization and get 10% off each person’s registration fee.
- Registration will be handled by WFCA. Click here to register online.
Dr. Brooks Mendell, Ms. Amanda Lang, and Dr. Shawn Baker provide keynote and conference presentations for annual meetings and internal conferences related to wood bioenergy, timberland investment vehicles, forest industry strategy and risk management, and forest operations.