Events and News
Explore the links below to find out more about the upcoming events Forisk Consulting will be participating in and to see Forisk’s research and expertise cited in the news.
2017 Forisk Calendar
- Click here to download a one-page printable calendar of key Forisk events for 2017, including the Forisk Research Quarterly (FRQ) publication schedule and continuing education events.
Short Courses 2017
- January 18, 2017 – “Case Studies in Timber Finance and Forest Industry Capital Investment” in Portland, OR (sponsored by WFCA)
- March 30, 2017 – “Applied Forest Finance” in Atlanta, GA
- July 13, 2017 – “Timber Market Analysis” in Atlanta, GA
- December 7, 2017 – NEW! – “Wood Flows and Cash Flows: Investment Research & Strategic Analysis for the Forest Industry” in Atlanta, GA
Upcoming Seminars & Invited Talks
- March 29, 2017 – Amanda Lang presenting “Wood Demand and Market Trends” at the Georgia SAF Annual Meeting in Athens, GA.
- April 11, 2017 – Amanda Lang presenting a guest lecture at the University of Georgia, titled “Bioenergy Markets and the Bioeconomy”.
- May 1, 2017 – Shawn Baker presenting “Compensation Indices for Logging and Trucking Occupations” at the WSRI Annual Meeting in Charleston, SC.
- May 16, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “What Do Changing Forests Imply for Timber Owners, Investment and Markets?” at PINEMAP Conference in Athens, GA.
- June 21, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Implications of Forest Industry Technologies on Regional Timber Markets” at the Chattahoochee SAF meeting in Atlanta, GA.
- July 22, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Policies or Markets: Which Comes First for Timber?” at the GFA Annual Meeting in Jekyll Island, GA.
- September 12-14, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Specific Recommendations for Investors When Evaluating Investment and Manager Performance” at the Who Will Own The Forest Conference in Portland, OR.
- October 25, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting at the Texas Forestry Association Annual Meeting in Nacogdoches, TX.