Events and News
Explore the links below to find out more about the upcoming events Forisk Consulting will be participating in and to see Forisk’s research and expertise cited in the news.
2017 Forisk Calendar
- Click here to download a one-page printable calendar of key Forisk events for 2017, including the Forisk Research Quarterly (FRQ) publication schedule and continuing education events.
Short Courses 2017
- January 18, 2017 – “Case Studies in Timber Finance and Forest Industry Capital Investment” in Portland, OR (sponsored by WFCA)
- March 30, 2017 – “Applied Forest Finance” in Atlanta, GA
- July 13, 2017 – “Timber Market Analysis” in Atlanta, GA
- December 7, 2017 – NEW! – “Forest Industry Economics and Strategy” in Atlanta, GA
Upcoming Seminars & Invited Talks
- January 19, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “U.S. Forest Industry Supply Chain Capacity and Costs in Logging, Hauling and Forest Management” at the Mapping the Course Conference in Vancouver, WA.
- January 30, 2017 – Amanda Lang presenting “State of the Resource” at the Southeastern Society of American Foresters Annual Meeting in Miramar, FL.
- February 11, 2017 – Shawn Baker presenting “Competitiveness of Logging Industry Compensation” at the South Carolina Timber Association’s meeting in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- February 17, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Business Opportunities in Forestry” at Commerce Middle School through the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
- March 29, 2017 – Amanda Lang presenting “Wood Demand and Market Trends” at the Georgia SAF Annual Meeting in Athens, GA.
- April 11, 2017 – Amanda Lang presenting a guest lecture at the University of Georgia, titled “Bioenergy Markets and the Bioeconomy”.
- May 1, 2017 – Shawn Baker presenting “Compensation Indices for Logging and Trucking Occupations” at the WSRI Annual Meeting in Charleston, SC.
- June 21, 2017 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Implications of Forest Industry Technologies on Regional Timber Markets” at the Chattahoochee SAF meeting in Atlanta, GA.