Events and News
Explore the links below to find out more about the upcoming events Forisk Consulting will be participating in and to see Forisk’s research and expertise cited in the news.
2018 Forisk Calendar
- Click here to download a one-page printable calendar of key Forisk events for 2018, including the Forisk Research Quarterly (FRQ) publication schedule and continuing education events.
Upcoming Short Courses
- December 13, 2018 – Forisk’s Annual Event, “Wood Flows and Cash Flows,” in Atlanta, GA
- January 23, 2019 – “Growth Rings: Professional Development and Communication Skills” in Portland, OR (sponsored by WFCA)
- February 19, 2019 – “Applied Forest Finance” in Atlanta, GA
- Other 2019 short course dates to be determined.
Visit the Education & Speaking page to learn more about these events.
Upcoming Seminars & Invited Talks
- October 3, 2018 – Brooks Mendell presenting “Forest Industry Capital Investments and the Market Implications for Hardwood Logs” keynote at the National Hardwood Lumber Association Annual Meeting in Toronto, Canada.
- October 18, 2018 – Amanda Lang will present “Wood Mill Site Selection Criteria” at the South Carolina Association of Consulting Forester’s meeting in Columbia, SC.
- October 19, 2018 – Amanda Lang will present “Timber Market Update” at the Ladies for their Land Workshop in Athens, GA.
- January 24, 2019 – Brooks Mendell will present “Comparing the Competitiveness of North America’s Softwood Log and Lumber Operations” at the Mapping the Course conference in Vancouver, WA.
- January 29, 2019 – Brooks Mendell keynoting the Southeastern Society of American Foresters Annual Meeting in Mobile, AL.
- June 20, 2019 – Brooks Mendell speaking on “Forest Industry Competitiveness” at Timber Products Inspection’s annual meeting in Hilton Head, South Carolina.